What is the Difference Between Website and Web Portal? We are clearly all question like – What is the difference between website and web application? How is a Web site different from that of a Website and Web Portal?, What is mean by Website and Web Portal?, What is the purpose of a Website and Web Portal?
Website and Web Portal both are need to make a safe and good website!
Website and web Web Portal thus can be differentiated on different aspects, firstly websites are majorly focus on driving traffic while web portals are for limiting the traffic. Whereas the web portals require users to log in while websites are open to being visit by any individual.
Thus, on differentiating it based on their uses, a web Web Portal is creating and attract a specific audience experience, control user’s functionality on your page, multiple source integrations to provide uniform information and other user management and permitting features.
WHAT IS A WEB PORTAL?
A website and Web Portal is most often one specially design a Web page that brings information together from diverse sources in a uniform way.
Usually, each information source gets its dedicated area on the page for displaying information (a portlet); often, the user can configure which ones to display.
Variants of portals include mashups and intranet “dashboards” for executives and managers. The extent to which content is displayed in a “uniform way” may depend on the intended user and the intended purpose. As well as the diversity of the content.
Very often design emphasis is on a certain “metaphor” for configuring and customizing the presentation of the content and the chosen implementation framework and/or code libraries. In addition, the role of the user in an organization may determine which content can be add to the Web Portal or delete from the Web Portal configuration.
A Web Portal may use a search engine API to permit users to search intranet content as opposed to extranet content by restricting which domains may be searched.
Apart from this common search engines feature. Web portals may offer other services such as e-mail, news, stock quotes, information from databases and even entertainment content.
Portals provide a way for enterprises and organizations to provide a consistent look and feel with access control and procedures for multiple applications and databases.
Which otherwise would have been different web entities at various URLs. The features available may be restricted by whether access is by an authorized and authenticated user (employee, member) or an anonymous site visitor.
WHAT IS A WEBSITE?
A website is an accumulation of related web pages, including interactive media content, normally related to a typical space name, and distribute on no less than one web server.
A website might be available by means of an open Internet convention (IP) organize, for example, the Internet, or a private neighborhood (LAN), by referencing a uniform asset locator (URL) that distinguishes the webpage.
Websites can have numerous capacities and can be utilize in different designs; a website can be an individual website, a corporate website for an organization, an administration website, an association website, and so forth.
Websites are regularly devot to a particular point or reason, running from stimulation and long-range informal communication to giving news and instruction.
All openly available websites, all things considered, comprise the World wide web, while private websites, for example, an organization’s website for its workers, are regularly a part of a web.
Static vs Dynamic Website
• A static website is compose of web pages the content of which remains constant until a developer wishes to alter.
• The information on a static website remains the same throughout.
• A static website may consist of plain text or rich media. However, on visiting a static site, you will see the same content at all times irrespective of the time of visit.
• On the other hand, a dynamic website updates itself frequently depending on a set of parameters.
• In other words, a dynamic website’s content is renew every time a user visits the website.
• A dynamic web page is create using a wide range of software and languages such as, Java Server Pages (JSP), Active Server Pages (ASP), PHP, Python, Perl, etc.
Some points of Differences Between Website and Web Portal!
1. A website is a set of interlink web pages host from the same domain which can be access through a web address. Web Portal is a custom-made website which involves information from a broad class of sources in a persistent manner.
2. A Web Portal is usually user-centric whereas a website is own by an organization or company etc.
3. There is no intercommunication between the website and the user. On the contrary, a user can interact with the Web Portal.
4. A website is not a primary knowledge domain whereas Web Portal is the passage to knowledge management system.
5. The information is regularly update in case of a Web Portal. In contrast, the information sources in a website are rarely update.
Why Should You Build Website and Web Portal?
Like every technology solution, the decision to build either a website and Web Portal comes down to your unique situation and needs. With the amount of overlapping functionality between Web Portal platforms and more traditional WCM website platforms. Most projects can be build with either option. The following chart details a few guidelines for when to use each. Website and Web Portal web content information user may portals static page